Sunday, November 30, 2008

No Pouting

As a single man, the month (and a little more) starting at Thanksgiving and ending at New Year's can be one of the most difficult times in the year. It's not that I don't love my family and being around my parents and all of my siblings. I do. But the holidays of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's are all family-oriented holidays to me. And in the past, the lack of a family of my own (meaning a wife, kids, etc.) has been the cause of a negative attitude on my part towards my circumstances. This year, by God's grace, my goal is to make this next month a "No Pouting Zone." I am determined to enjoy what God has blessed me with instead of focusing on what He has not brought to pass. I've wasted far too many Decembers lamenting instead of celebrating. No more. It's time to rejoice as we enter Advent, a time of preparing to the celebrate once again the mystery of the Incarnation.

1 comment:

incurable optimist said...

Yay for positivity!

To answer the comment/question from an earlier post of yours:
This semester is going well, but I'm ready for it to be over. I'm ready for new classes and stuff. And to start studying for tests to enter the nursing program...