Sunday, October 05, 2008

More Twists

The twists and turns that make up this year keep coming, both good and bad. This year has been full of more unexpected occurrences than I have ever encountered in one year. From misplaced computer files to leaky water heaters, from unusual soccer senior nights to the unstable economy, and from unexpected affirmations and encouragements from parents at the school to the rare moments of unplanned time off, this year has been full of challenges and blessings that I never could have predicted. In the midst of all of this uncertainty, the hardest part is staying focused on allowing God to be the Lord of my circumstances, trusting Him to work out the details that I am powerless to affect. If I can find a way, by His grace, to rest in Him more and enjoy the ride, this year, like a roller coaster, promises to be an exciting and enjoyable year. Now, the challenge becomes enjoying the "roller coaster."

No comments: