Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Election Season

Mercifully, election season all comes to an end in just under a week. And then, we have to live with the consequences for 2 years. Of course, we have "nothing to fear but fear itself."
To all the undecided voters, I urge you to ask yourselves "not what your country can do for you," but rather "what you can do for your country." Government simply cannot solve all of our problems, and in some cases, it can make them worse.
Questions of all sorts keep cropping up. Is McCain too old? Is Barack Obama really ready to lead the country? Are voters going to vote on the basis of policies or on personality? I guess "it all depends on what your definition of 'is' is." I mean, we could be facing a "nu-cue-lar" stand off with Iran, and I would hate to see that part of the "axis of evil" triumph because we chose the wrong guy.
For those of you who have reached the point of apathy long ago, let me say, "Read my lips: I feel your pain." The good news is that in 2 years, we'll have mid-term elections, which will allow us to make changes to our government if we don't like the way things are going. The only question, then, is whether any group can destroy a country in two years. Let's hope not. May God have mercy on America!

No comments: