Sunday, May 04, 2008

Washington, DC

I usually don't talk about school-related items on this blog, but I'm going to make an exception because this past week involved more than the usual school-related activities. It was Tours.
As most of you know, the Tour week is a standard part of the education at Cair Paravel, where students from 7th-12th grade (in groups of 2 grades each) travel to different parts of the country to learn by experiencing what God has made.
This year, I went with the freshmen and sophomores to Washington, DC. This DC trip is quite familiar to me, since this trip was #4 since 2002. Even though many elements of this trip were familiar, traveling with a different group of students made the trip different (and enjoyable). Although no single event served as a highlight this year, I enjoyed getting to visit places like the Capital, the Smithsonian Museums, the International Spy Museum, the Memorials, and Mount Vernon. Seeing a baseball game at Nationals Park was also great, especially since the game took only 2 hours, 4 minutes, and we got a free bobblehead out of the deal. :-)
Despite the adventures at the beginning, by God's grace, it was a great Tour, and I'm looking forward to finishing off this school year.
The pictures that I took while on Tour can be found here.

No comments: