Sunday, May 25, 2008

Soggy Memorial Day?

Memorial Day is the traditional start of summer. This year, it also could be another in a line of rain-soaked days. The humidity here in Topeka is about as high as it's been all year, which means that there's plenty of moisture to precipitate out of the atmosphere (the technical name is precipitable water, by the way). That means that overnight tonight and all day tomorrow, any storms that form could produce flash flooding, even flooding. On top of the flooding potential, there is a decent chance of severe weather around Topeka. The Storm Prediction Center has Topeka on the edge of a "moderate" risk area for tomorrow. That is the second-highest possible rating, and they rarely use the "high" rating, reserving it for significant outbreaks. So, tomorrow could be an active weather day, one that will hinder all of my brilliant plans to do work outside around my house. [Sigh]. I guess I'll have to do what I can with what God gives me, but I sure would like to have the time tomorrow to get these outside projects done.

No comments: