Thursday, August 16, 2007

Personality Test

Today was an interesting day. We took a personality test as a part of the in-service, and it's always fun to see what other people's personalities are. We were using the DISC model, a simple assessment that I have taken a couple of times before. It was hard, in fact, not to answer the questions in such a way as to bias the results. I did manage it, however, and my result, not surprisingly, was identical to what it was a few years ago. My personality came out as C/S/D. For those of you who understand the model, you'll probably not be surprised at the combination. The most amusing part of the discussion for me was hearing all of the married staff members talk about how their spouses had their "opposite" personalities. For example, an "I" woman generally seemed to be married to a "C" man. Opposites attract, they say, and that certainly seems to be the case in many circumstances.

No comments: