Sunday, August 12, 2007

And So It Begins...

While my students still have a week left before they must return to grace the halls of Cair Paravel, I get to go back to school starting tomorrow. [Yes, I said "get" and not "have." As I probably said somewhere on a previous post (way back in the archives), I see teaching as a privilege and not as an obligation. I try as often as I can to say "get" to teach instead of "have" to teach. It more accurately reflects reality, I believe. But I digress...]
Starting tomorrow, there are two official work days, one unofficial work day, and two in-service days. I am going to need all of that time to have everything ready to my satisfaction. I'm excited, however, to get back to something approximating normal after this summer, which I think has earned the official title of "Summer of Chaos," thanks to all of the change that has gone on in my life these past two and a half months. Praise God that He doesn't change! Without Him, I think I would probably be a taco short of a combination platter (if you know what I mean).
So, the joy and challenge of teaching begins again for me starting tomorrow, and I can't wait!

No comments: