Thursday, April 06, 2006

Rambling: Weather

Having studied meteorology, the weather always fascinates me. One of the most fascinating things is how storms seem to follow consistent tracks within a given severe weather season. For example: the past two outbreaks that have occurred here in the Central Plains have left Topeka untouched.

I guess this shouldn't be surprising, given the vast amount of open area that Kansas is. Still, it always amazes me how often there has been a gap so far this season between lines of severe activity. This gap always seems to include the city of Topeka. Even though we were in the heart of a high risk area today according to the Storm Prediction Center, it appears that we are going to get off without anything other than a little rain. Not surprising at all, I guess, knowing severe weather.
Still, I am disappointed a little, but not that we didn't get hit. I'm disappointed that the threat of severe weather caused our soccer games today to be cancelled. I was looking forward to that game. God must know best, though, and I will trust His sovereignty. Their must have been a reason for causing our opponent's AD to think it necessary to cancel the games.
All I know is that I have a few minutes for the first time all week to sit down and read. And I'm going to take it right now.

No comments: