Sunday, April 16, 2006

Rambling: Tempus Fugit

Where does the time go? How can it be Easter already? It seems like yesterday that soccer season was just starting -- boys' soccer season. I've heard many people say that time seems to move faster as one gets older. I believe it. This has been the fastest Spring that I can remember.

Easter has come and gone, and now it's two weeks worth of sprint until Tours. I think I'm ready for it. I pray to God that I am, but I know that I'll need His grace to be able to exercise patience with inreasingly-antsy students. Above all, though, I am determined, by His grace, to enjoy teaching, coaching, and refereeing in the next few weeks. How often I let the frustrations of the temporal override the joy that is found in the eternal. Christ is alive! In Him, death no longer holds power over me, and one day I, too, will rise from the dead and live forever, serving and worshipping Him for all eternity. This is reason to be joyful every day, because each day's troubles are miniscule compared with the glory that awaits just down the road. Return soon, Lord Jesus!

No comments: