Saturday, April 02, 2005

Rambling: A Fun Night

I've been to a couple of weddings lately, and there will be at least two more before July. I have to say, though, that last night's wedding and reception was the more fun of the two. Of course, any time you have a wedding involving two large "clans" as you did last night, you know that the wedding is going to be full of people. And that was the case here, which is what made the night so enjoyable. I got to talk with several people that I haven't seen in months, from former students to former students' parents to old friends that I haven't seen for at least 6 months. I even got a little bit of swing dancing in . I'm sure I won't hear the end of it from my students, either. I can just hear it now, "Who was that woman you were dancing with, Mr. Seidel?" I'll have to spend three or four days trying to defuse rumors of impending romance. Of course, I'm glad they care enough to ask. And it was worth it, since I had fun. Now, on to the next adventure! Afer all, one of these days, one of those rumors might actually turn into reality, if God is so willing.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr S! I'm so glad you had a good time... and it did look like you were talking to some nice 'ppl' ;). Don't worry, if it's possible (which I guarantee it is) we'll find you the perfect wife! :)

Anonymous said...

have u called her since u saw her at the wedding?

Mr. Pi Thetahead said...

No...I haven't called her, and I know that it's possible for the perfect woman to come along. God is at work, and I trust in Him.

Anonymous said...

Take heed, Seidel, a group of highly sophisticated and increasingly nosy yentes are working laboriously to set you up with your dream girl.

Anonymous said...

Might I add that those yentes are the most ingenious people you will ever meet! They help people far and wide, and everyone knows it!

Anonymous said...

OK, seriously, those yente chicks are awesome! I'm beginning to wonder why no one is agreeing with me... They must be embarrassed because they had to seek the help of such AMAZING yente chicks...

Mr. Pi Thetahead said...

Yente?

Mr. Pi Thetahead said...

Oh, I see. I looked it up. It's Yiddish.

Anonymous said...

anonymous #1
LOL!!!! "yente" I love it!

Anonymous said...

Yentes rock the world!

Anonymous said...

i really think your standards are way too high, you always seem to find something wrong with evry girl you associate with. I think if you find a nice christian girl you should at least try to oick it up and run with it

Mikethelawstudent said...

JESUS WANTS YOU TO SETTLE...thats not good. WAIT A MINUTE I DONT THINK THATS REALLY JESUS

Anonymous said...

mike, i would not say such things if i were you i know all. and you dont want coal in your stockling do u?

Mr. Pi Thetahead said...

That's enough. I ignored your previous comment, "jesus", but this last one has gone too far, mocking my Lord and Savior by comparing Him with Santa Claus. If you don't have something constructive to post to this discussion, don't post anything. Regardless, any further posts under the id of "jesus" (or the like) will be deleted. Contribute under a more appropriate identity if you wish to continue.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mr. Pi Thetahead said...

Thank you, "Cameron", for posting under an appropriate id. While your comments were encouraging, the manner in which you posted them (the id) was not. I wanted to let you know that I appreciate your comments and your encouragement. I realize that you were not trying to offend.
Remember, though, that there are two ways to offend someone -- the matter that you speak and the manner that you speak. If we are to follow Christ's example, it should be the matter that offends not the manner.
See you in class.