Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tempus Fugit and Prince Caspian Quiz 13

Every so often, I have a sort of existential moment, where I find myself wondering, "What happened to the last 4 or 5 years of my life? In some ways, I don't feel that far removed from 24, yet here I am, more than a couple of years older." I noticed it today, when I was looking over the people in the sanctuary at church and noticed that a lot of them seemed like kids. Then, I realized that these "kids" had toddlers with them. And then I started feeling sick.
I realize that a part of life is getting older, but why does age have to creep up on us so subtly? I'm not that old, yet, and yet I'm obviously older than I think I am. In my mind, I'm still at about 27, maybe even 25. Yet, when I look in the mirror and see the first hints of gray hair, or when I look around church like I did today, I can't help but feel that, somehow, time is getting away from and I'm not doing with my life everything that God would have me do. I feel like I'm missing something, but I can't quite put my finger, yet, on what it is I'm supposed to do.
Maybe I'm just over-thinking everything. I could be doing exactly what God wants me to do. And there certainly have been some wonderful blessings in the past 7 years of living here in Topeka. But at the same time, I don't ever want to become complacent. I need to be as responsive to His leading as I was 7 years ago, when I moved here. He may not have me be here the rest of my life, or He might. The important thing is that I stay aware of His voice and His leading, so that if it becomes time for the Lord to lead me elsewhere, my response is, "I'll start packing."

Prince Caspian Quiz 13
25. Under what circumstances does the bear attack Lucy?
A. It bursts at her from out of the trees
B. It sneaks up on her from behind
C. It charges at her from in front of her
D. Lucy tries to talk to it and it charges her

26. Who kills the bear?
A. Peter
B. Susan
C. Edmund
D. Trumpkin

1 comment:

Mr. Pi Thetahead said...

25. Book: A, Movie: D
26. Book: D, Movie: B