Friday, September 12, 2008

Rain and Busyness

Busyness kept me from keeping to my scheduled blogging, which shows where it falls on the priority list: low. Still, I'll sort of "bridge the gap" between postings by making one now and then waiting until Wednesday (hopefully) for the next one.
The story around Topeka (all of NE Kansas, really) is the rain. It has poured all day. It's been a long time since I've seen it pour like this for so long. It was decidedly tropical in nature. And while the moisture source was ultimately the remnants of a Pacific hurricane, the forcing mechanisms were extratropical: a slow-moving cold front and a shortwave hitting at the same time.
I received over 2 inches of rain Thursday and Friday, and I think more is on the way for tomorrow. It will continue to make this summer (it's still technically summer) one of the coolest and wettest that this part of the country has seen in many years.

No comments: