Sunday, September 07, 2008

Puzzling Circumstances

My circumstances, as I expected before the year started, have gotten puzzling. I will spare you the boring details. Suffice it to say that I am staring at complex situations. Partially, I did it to myself, and partially, God has put these circumstances across my path. Either way, I know that as PFR says in one of their songs, "I got here by myself, but I know that I will never leave the same way." Or as Jehoshophat, faced with overwhelming odds from enemy armies, says in 2 Chronicles 20:12b, "We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." (You, in this case, refers to God.) My circumstances may be puzzling me, but they are not a puzzle to God, and in the end, it is He who will work His will in these circumstances. My task is to do as Jehoshophat did: turn my eyes to the Lord, pray, and then listen to Him and to wise council. I'm going to need it.

No comments: