Thursday, January 03, 2008

Thoughts on Bowls

Bowl season is (mercifully) winding down. The few games I've seen have been anything but interesting: Missouri blowing out Arkansas; Oklahoma getting hammered by West Virginia. Tonight's Orange Bowl could be very interesting. And it presents a dilemma for me: whom to root for. On the one hand, I am anything but a KU fan, having grown up as a K-State fan most of my life. One the other hand, KU is representing the Big XII Conference (which could use a quality win after Oklahoma's embarrassing loss last night) and the state of Kansas as well. It's hard not to cheer for them when they're the last remaining conference team to play and when a KU win would mean the Conference would at least come away with a winning record. So, I'm not sure what to do about that. Maybe I'll be a mostly neutral observer.
On a side note, I was looking at a list of bowls for this year. I didn't realize that there was a bowl game in Toronto (the International Bowl). I wonder what the NCAA rules are about playing college games outside the country...

2 comments:

Brandy said...

or you could have gone for KU because your sister-in-law went there...:-) you got to admit, it was a great game.

Mr. Pi Thetahead said...

Or there's that, too. :-)
In the end, I have to admit that I did wind up cheering for KU out of conference and family loyalties. It was quite a game!