Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Day Late

Whoops! I missed my traditional Wednesday posting day due to being so absorbed in writing the rough draft of my research paper for my class this week. However, I am on a break right now, so I have the chance to make a brief post.
One of the unique aspects of these past two weeks has been the chance to interact with a couple of women from Paraguay who teach in a teacher training college near the capital of Asuncion. It's a rare treat for me to be able to say anything in Spanish, as most of my duties in Topeka do not bring me into contact with the sizable Spanish-speaking population. Surprisingly (by the grace of God), I have been able to understand most of the Spanish spoken to me and been able to respond with some success, although I am very rusty in speaking. Apparently, though, my accent is still decent, which is a relief to hear.
Only 1 day and 1 week left!

No comments: