Saturday, April 07, 2007

Americans in Technical Support

I bought an iPod less than a month ago, and to my surprise, when I went to try to use it today, it was dead! It would not charge, reset, or power up. So, after about an hour's worth of searching through Apple's tech support web site and trying everything I could think of to get the silly device to work, I finally called Apple. I fully expected to talk to someone with an Indian accent named "Joe" (of course we know that's not his real name, just as we also know that we have no hope of pronouncing his real name). Instead, I was pleasantly surprised (after enduring the standard automated answering system) to be greeted by an American accent. The tech support guy was helpful, understanding, and recognized that since I bought the iPod less than 30 days, I was entitled to a new one as a replacement instead of a refurbished one. It took about 45 minutes to get the situation taken care of. I have to say that I'm disappointed that the product failed in such a short time. I'm glad that support was so good, though.

No comments: