Thursday, August 17, 2006

Rambling: One of Those Days

Have you ever had a day where you felt you stepped into some sort of alternate reality, where almost everything is the same, but a few things are different/wrong? Today was one of those days.

Things that I distinctly remembered throwing in the trash can mysteriously reappeared on the table that I took them off. Paperwork I already filled out for my apartment complex is stuck in an envelope on my door asking me to complete it and return it to the office. Two people I know (admittedly not very well) both wind up charged with different felony crimes and have their mugshots displayed on the local news. Even my cat is tearing around the apartment with four times its normal amount of energy.
So, I'm left to ponder this: if I had to fall into an alternate reality, why couldn't I fall into one where I was happily married?
Anyway, it's just been a strange, tiring day, but I know that there are no alternate realities, that this life is all that there is, that some days are just strange, and (most of all) that God is faithful and will sustain me even through a day as bizarre as this.

1 comment:

B. D. Mooneyham said...

You're hilarious, Mr. Seidel.

Happy math teaching this year.