Saturday, August 05, 2006

Poem: When

When daylight's sun shines bright
My soul echoes Your light
When in Your grace I rest
And admit Your way best

Lord God, fix my right gaze
Upon You all my days
Let not my heart waver
Nor my soul sin favor

When I can't understand
Your reasons for what's planned
When my dreams seem to crash
And hopes upon rocks dash

Lord God, open my eyes
For there discontent lies
Focused on this world all
Not things celestial

When prayers meet with silence
Nor sense I Your presence
When sin in me besets
And I'm filled with regrets

Lord God, help me, waiting
Have faith unabating
More like Your Son make me
Cleansed, redeemed, chosen, free

When one day all I see
Is Your holy glory
When pain is done away
And life is endless day

Lord God, still may my cry
Be how You brought me by
Waters quiet and still,
Preserved me in Your will

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... You should write poetry more often.

Mr. Pi Thetahead said...

Thank you. Both of you. I hope you both have great semesters. See you in about two weeks, Christa.