Saturday, January 28, 2006

Rambling: Gray, Rainy Day

It's a gray, rainy day, and it feels more like October than January. A day like this almost belongs in a movie out of the film noir genre, like maybe Casablanca. It's just sort of a mellow day.

How strange the weather has been! This has to have been one of the warmest months of January in the history of Topeka. I was outside the other day in short sleeves. That's not even close to how it should be. It's almost like the world paused while the past three months happened. If I walk outside right now and ignore the calendar, it could easily be the end of October instead of the end of January. I don't get it. One more in the ever-increasing population of things in my life that I just don't understand.
Anyway, if you'll excuse you me, I'm going to go find a movie camera to look into while I'm delivering a long monologue. :-)

No comments: