Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thankful for Thanksgiving

It's been a while since I've felt like this. Between this past week and refereeing most of the day yesterday, I am exhausted. It will be by the grace of God alone that I am able to teach successfully these next two days. I need a break, no matter how short. Somehow, I hit a wall last week. I don't know what it was, but suddenly, I have felt that I'm just walking through some sort of morass. Maybe it's the switch to Standard Time; maybe it's something else. I don't know. All I know is that while I enjoy teaching and I love my students, I still need a break to be able to be the teacher that they deserve. Thanksgiving is coming at the perfect time.

1 comment:

incurable optimist said...

A morass? Nice. I commend your extensive vocabulary.
As for needing a break, I totally understand. Did you know Chris got home Saturday and doesn't have to go back until January 7th?! Not fair... grrr...