Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Story: Colonel Williams, Foreword

Before I post the first part of the initial chapter of the new story I'm working on, I wanted to say a few things about it.
First, it is a rough draft, even in its current form. I've tried to go back and rewrite it enough to make it flow, but I reserve the right to go back and rewrite (and repost) any particular section of the story, as required by subsuquent story developments.
Secondly, I welcome comments. Tell me if something doesn't make sense. Tell me if somebody calls someone by the wrong name. Tell me if the dialogue sounds worse than Star Wars: Episode II. I don't mind. I'm not a professional writer, and I don't really aspire to be. This is just a hobby to alleviate the summertime blahs a little. So, fire away with your thoughts. It'll help me make the story more enjoyable.
Thirdly, and finally, I will do my best to update the story every couple of days. There will be a couple of times when that will not be possible, and I will do my best to let you know in advance when the delays will occur. Remember, though, that writer's block is always unscheduled. :-)
With those three ideas in mind, check back tomorrow for the first part of Chapter 1!

3 comments:

Foolish Thing Nine said...

yay, story! but apart from that, I just had to come say that I love! the new profile picture :)

incurable optimist said...

Yeah, the pic is hilarious!
But, seriously :) can we make requests, such as, could you have this person be eaten by a polar bear?

Mr. Pi Thetahead said...

A polar bear? Hmmm...I'd have to figure out how to work one into the location for this story. It's not the most plausible situation.