Thursday, June 02, 2005

Rambling: Episode III and New Story

I saw Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith today. I don't want to say anything about the plot in case there's actually someone out there who hasn't seen it, yet. However, I will say that it does a good job of completing the story of the prequels, setting the stage well for Episode IV. Does it do it perfectly? No. In my opinion, there are a couple of illogical/unmotivated occurrences in the story, and the acting/dialogue is a littled stilted at times.
Ratings (out of ten)
Story: 7 (Most of the lose ends tie up, but some actions seem unmotivated)
Acting: 6 (At times, the dialogue sounds more like a cold reading)
Cinematography: 10 (The visuals, as usual, are what Lucas does best)
Overall: 7 (Good action can't overcome stilted acting)

I'm working on a new story, but the initial two scenes aren't quite ready, yet. I'll try to have the initial scene out by the middle of next week, but no promises.

2 comments:

incurable optimist said...

I guess I'm the only deprived one out there, because I still haven't seen it. Bummer.

Foolish Thing Nine said...

Well, Betsy, what can we say for someone who lives in St. Mary's?

As to the ratings of the show, I am becoming increasingly inclined to never watch part three of an installment again... Azkaban was dreadful, The Matrix finale was... disappointing, at least the first time, and Star Wars Three... Well, let's put it this way. I've been a Star Wars fan for like, almost a decade, and the bad acting and horrible dialogue almost made me skip seeing it in theaters more than once. Almost.

But that's ok, at least Return of the King was awesome!