Saturday, March 11, 2006

Rant: Laundromats

<rant>I had a large amount of laundry to do, so I thought I'd go to a laundromat in an effort to speed up the process. Bad idea.

First, the environment was not good. It was a noisy place, with a lot of washers and driers making a tremendous racket. The laundromat was playing a radio station that was doing the best of the '80s. I grew up during the late '80s, but I can only take some much Aerosmith before I just reach overload.
To make matters worse, the washers were more expensive than in my complex, so I wound up spending nearly 10 dollars to do what would have cost me just over half that here.
Moreover, the driers were incredibly slow, resulting in it taking 2 hours for me to get laundry done, about equal to the time it would have taken me to do all of my laundry here in my apartment building, where I wouldn't have had to nearly break into a sweat in a hot, smelly environment while listening to the best of the Police.
Actually, I expected about as much, although in hindsight I still say that I would have gone. Why? One simple reason: I didn't have enough quarters, and the laundromat is the only place where there is a change machine. The moral of the story: always have enough quarters so you can stay at home.</rant>

No comments: